What I Love About Being a Realtor
February is the month of love. It’s also Spay and Neuter Awareness Month but that’s not what this is about ? I occasionally get calls from hopefuls who are thinking of getting their license and becoming a Realtor. I always take the call or meeting because I think it’s important for people to know the good, bad, and the ugly about the profession that a lot of people think is easy and easy to get rich and sometimes gets a bad rap. While I do tell them all the reasons why they may want to reconsider, I also tell them the good parts, the great parts. I tell them what I love about being a Realtor.
- The people I get to meet. I have met some of the most warm, wonderful, genuine people in this business. Clients, vendors, and other Realtors. My friend list is a lot longer since I began selling real estate because of the people I have had the pleasure to meet along the way.
- Handing over the keys to a first-time homebuyer. It never gets old. They are scared but they are excited and they are so appreciative for the help in getting to that point.
- Helping people build wealth. Real estate is a great way to build wealth if you do it correctly. I love working with investors that understand the value that I bring and all the work that goes into finding a property that fits into their portfolio and is going to make them money.
- I am not stuck at a desk all day. I have worked from the beach, the airport, my living room, the hospital. I can do a lot of my job from anywhere and I don’t have to sit in a chair surrounded by four walls with no windows and fluorescent lighting.
- I get to see some beautiful scenery. Nature is an awesome wonder. I love driving to a property and passing farms with cows, horses, and especially baby goats. The fields of green. Hills. Blooming flowers in the Spring. Colored leaves in the Fall. Birds greeting me as I get out of my car and the warm sun coming in the window as I drive.
Yes, there are days, like most of you, where I want to throw in the towel and go live on a deserted island. But most days, I am excited to go to work, solve problems and help make dreams come true and lives better. I hope you love your job as much as I love mine. Happy Month of Love.
Michelle Froedge is a residential Realtor and Principal Broker in the Greater Nashville and Williamson County areas of Tennessee. “Mom” to four-legged fur babies, Tyler and Livvie, Auntie to Zelamie, she is a vegetarian and sings in her spare time. Michelle has lived in Nashville and Franklin since 1997 and has been selling homes since 2004.